- Pond & Company (Peachtree Corners, GA) has partnered with private equity investment firm DC Capital Partners (Alexandria, VA). The partnership is intended to provide capital to allow Pond to grow and create greater value for clients and expand opportunities for employees. Pond chose to partner with DC Capital given their focus on companies that provide differentiated and innovative services in the AEC industry. Link to details
- Price Architects (Los Angeles, CA) joined global design firm HKS Architects (Dallas, TX). Many of Price Architects’ twelve employees have previously worked for HKS, including President & CEO Jack Price, who spent thirty years with the firm. Link to details
- Cardinal Survey and Design (Williamsburg, VA), a minority-owned, full-service, land surveying consultant, merged with full-service engineering firm Pro-Inspections (Richmond, VA). Link to details
In the firm’s second deal of the week, Cardinal Survey and Design (Williamsburg, VA) announced its merger with Berkley-Howell & Associates (Forest, VA), enabling the firm to expand its portfolio of services into other areas of Virginia. Link to details
- Global consulting firm TRC Companies (Lowell, MA) acquired the testing and commissioning field services division of EC Source (Houston, TX), a nationally recognized engineering, procurement, and construction provider. Link to details
- Industry leader CHA Consulting (Albany, NY) acquired JBS Project Management (Brooklyn, NY), a project and construction management firm of approximately 30 employees. Link to details.
- Multidisciplinary AE consultant DLZ (Columbus, OH) expanded its presence in northwest Ohio with the acquisition of Lee Surveying and Mapping (Bellefontaine, OH), a firm specializing in survey for land development and planning. Link to details
- Full-service consulting firm Barton & Loguidice (Liverpool, NY) acquired Cummings & Smith (Fairfield, NJ), a civil engineering firm with expertise in the solid waste management sector. Link to details
- Griffith Dardanelli Architects (Schenectady, NY) merged with BCA Architects & Engineers (Watertown, NY). The merger brings together two firms that focus on the K-12 education market, creating a business with 100 employees and 50 school clients statewide. Link to details
- Integrated environmental, engineering, and technical services consultancy RSK Group (Helsby, UK) acquired Raw Technology Ltd. (Inverness, UK), a leading specialist in inland oil spill response and remediation. Link to details
- Subsea services group Acteon (Norwich, UK) acquired the survey business of Proserv (Aberdeen, UK). The survey business unit will join Acteon’s existing UTEC Survey (Aberdeen, UK) business, an independent global surveying firm. Link to details
- UK-listed engineering and environmental consultancy Ricardo (Shoreham-by-Sea, UK) announced it will acquire environmental, planning, and infrastructure advisory group PLC Consulting (Melbourne, Australia). Link to details
AEC Industry Merger & Acquisition Report (7/7/19 - 7/21/19)
Jul 22, 2019
About Zweig Group
Zweig Group, three times on the Inc. 500/5000 list, is the industry leader and premiere authority in AEC firm management and marketing, the go-to source for data and research, and the leading provider of customized learning and training. Zweig Group exists to help AEC firms succeed in a complicated and challenging marketplace through services that include: Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Planning, Valuation, Executive Search, Board of Director Services, Ownership Transition, Marketing & Branding, and Business Development Training. The firm has offices in Dallas and Fayetteville, Arkansas.