- Marketing trends are discussed by only 40% of A/E firms during marketing meetings.
- Marketing departments are becoming increasinly responsible for tracking all marketing/sales related data.
- From 1997 until last year, the percentage of work done for new & repeat clients has remained relatively consistent at 20% & 80%
- CRM use declined from 2007 until last year when it started to rise again.
- Firms report doing 60% of their marketing via email
- Last year the biggest marketing expense increases were in staff labor and proposals
- Only 20% of firms reported entering a design competition last year.
- In 2014, a quarter of respondents didn't know if their clients were on social media
- In 2014, 13% of firms said social media use has resulted in actual projects.
- 41% of firms say that social media has not resulted in reliance on traditional marketing methods.
10 Interesting Marketing Statistics in the A/E Industry
Oct 21, 2015
About Zweig Group
Zweig Group, three times on the Inc. 500/5000 list, is the industry leader and premiere authority in AEC firm management and marketing, the go-to source for data and research, and the leading provider of customized learning and training. Zweig Group exists to help AEC firms succeed in a complicated and challenging marketplace through services that include: Mergers & Acquisitions, Strategic Planning, Valuation, Executive Search, Board of Director Services, Ownership Transition, Marketing & Branding, and Business Development Training. The firm has offices in Dallas and Fayetteville, Arkansas.