In this episode of The Zweig Letter podcast, we speak with Scott Harvey-Lewis – owner and president of Building Mavens, a multi-disciplinary engineering boutique equipped with the knowledge gained from decades of industry experience. Scott has more than 17 years of industry experience and has worked on several public and private-sector projects, providing structural engineering design, construction administration, and forensic services.
We dived deep into Scott’s intrapreneurship career experience and the key reasons he pivoted into entrepreneurship. He shares his specialization in structural engineering and the effort it’s taking to build a successful business in the industry.
All this and much more on this episode of The Zweig Letter Podcast.
In this Episode:
- The key things that led Scott to take the leap and start his own business.
- The freedom and control of running your own business instead of being employed.
- He explains the differences he experienced being an intrapreneur and now an entrepreneur.
- Why he chose entrepreneurship over intrapreneurship despite the risks.
- Scott’s specialization plus what it takes to build a successful business.
- He describes his experience with diversity and inclusion and how it might have affected his career.
- How he’s handling recruitment with the best practices possible.
Get in Touch with Scott Harvey-Lewis:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
Get your FREE Subscription to the Zweig Letter Newsletter.