The Principals Academy
A TOTAL MANAGEMENT COURSE FOR ARCHITECTURE, ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL FIRM LEADERS
The two-day agenda covers several critical areas of business management from the unique perspective of architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting firms, and is presented in tutorial and case study workshop sessions.
Dates and Locations
- What it means to be a principal
- Business Planning
- Recruiting and retention
- Firm ownership and transition
- Cocktail reception
- Financial management
- Project management
- Management and leadership
- Business development and sales
- M&A in an hour
- How to lead a successful firm
- Principals roundtable
* Breakfast and lunch is provided both days
Who should attend:
- Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, and COOs of architecture, engineering, planning, environmental consulting, and construction businesses
- AEC firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Associates and recently-named principals
- Department, division and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior design and technical staff
Why attend Principals Academy:
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in this business
- Hear about industry best practices that the most-successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a wider perspective on AEC firm management
- Return armed with leadership and teambuilding strategies to share with other principals, managers, and staff
You will learn about these critical elements of firm performance:
- How to develop a business plan that will help your firm succeed
- The fundamentals of sound financial management
- The keys to managing projects efficiently and profitably
- How to find and keep top level talent
- How to ensure the firm’s survival through ownership transition
Your course fee includes:
- A comprehensive seminar workbook
- Special discount on all Zweig Group survey and publications
- Breakfast, lunch, and refreshments
- Discounted rate on hotel lodging
- Open-bar cocktail and networking reception at the conclusion of the first day
- *Registration fee does NOT include hotel lodging.
Unique Feature: Career and Firm Growth Roundtable
The Principals Academy program includes an extended Q&A session with the industry leaders and a panel of speakers. This provides the attendees an opportunity to discuss in-depth the issues facing them at their firms with advice offered from industry leading experts.
Great continuing education credits!
Attendees of The Principals Academy earn 12 PDH / 1.2 CEUs
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects.
Meet the Presenters
• Satisfaction and Refund Policy: If after attending our event, and you are not completely satisfied, we ask that you, please let us know. We’ll do everything we can to correct the situation, and if we can’t, we’ll refund your money plus $100 to show our appreciation for choosing to do business with us.
Cancellations received at least 15 days before program date, Zweig Group will issue a full refund.
Cancellations received between 14 days and four days before program date, Zweig Group will issue a credit toward any future training event. Credits are valid for six months from issue date.
Cancellations received three days or less before a program date no refunds or credits will be issued.
Refunds or credits will not be issued for “no-shows.” Registrants may choose another event or substitute an attendee without penalty at any time.
Please note locations are subject to change when a meeting space has not yet been finalized. Before making flight or hotel arrangements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-466-6275 for the latest information on hotels, venues, and seminars updates.