The Principals Academy
A TOTAL MANAGEMENT COURSE FOR ARCHITECTURE, ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL FIRM LEADERS
Dates and Locations
Charleston, SC | October 25-26, 2018
Discounted rooms are available here: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Suites – Charleston-Historic District
Group rate is available until October 3, 2018. To be notified of future dates and locations or for immediate assistance, please email email@example.com or call our customer support team at 1 800 466 6275
The two-day agenda covers several critical areas of business management from the unique perspective of architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting firms, and is presented in tutorial and case study workshop sessions.
- What it means to be a principal
- Business Planning
- Recruiting and retention
- Firm ownership and transition
- Cocktail reception
- Financial management
- Project management
- Management and leadership
- Business development and sales
- M&A in an hour
- How to lead a successful firm
- Principals roundtable
* Breakfast is provided both days from 7:30-8:30
Meet the Presenters
Who should attend:
- Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, and COOs of architecture, engineering, planning, environmental consulting, and construction businesses
- AEC firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Associates and recently-named principals
- Department, division and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior design and technical staff
Why attend Principals Academy:
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in this business
- Hear about industry best practices that the most-successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a wider perspective on AEC firm management
- Return armed with leadership and teambuilding strategies to share with other principals, managers, and staff
You will learn about these critical elements of firm performance:
- How to develop a business plan that will help your firm succeed
- The fundamentals of sound financial management
- The keys to managing projects efficiently and profitably
- How to find and keep top level talent
- How to ensure the firm’s survival through ownership transition
Your course fee includes:
A comprehensive seminar workbook, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments each day. Plus, you’re invited to join seminar presenters and fellow attendees for an open-bar cocktail and networking reception in the hotel at the conclusion of the first day. *Registration fee does NOT include lodging.
Special Feature: Career and Firm Growth Roundtable
The Principals Academy program includes an extended Q&A session with industry leader Mark Zweig and the panel of speakers. This provides the attendees an opportunity to discuss in-depth the issues facing them at their firms with advice offered from industry leading experts.
Great continuing education credits!
Attendees of The Principals Academy earn 12 PDH / 1.2 CEUs
Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects.
- Cancellations received at least 15 days prior to program date, Zweig Group will issue a full refund.
- Cancellations received between 14 days and 4 days prior to program date, Zweig Group will issue credit toward any future training event. Credits are valid for 6 months from issue date.
- Cancellations received 3 days or less before a program date, no refunds or credits will be issued. Refunds or credits will not be issued for “no-shows.” Registrants may choose another event or substitute and attendee without penalty at any time.
Please note locations are subject to change when a meeting space has not yet been finalized. Prior to making flight or hotel arrangements, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-466-6275 for the latest information on hotels, venues and seminars updates.