A new seminar for project managers led by panel of 3 experts backed by a ton of research on how to best train project managers to be more effective and efficient.
This one-day training course covers the critical focus areas every AEC Industry project manager should be familiar with and is presented in lecture, tutorial, and case study workshop sessions. Attendees will leave armed with a comprehensive understanding of the characteristics, skills, and techniques successful project managers must have to flourish in their role.
Each team member brings their own unique experiences and skillset to project teams. Effectively leveraging the talents of your team can optimize team effectiveness. Project Management for AEC Professionals provides people-focused, science-driven practical skills to help team leaders harness the power of their team. By addressing the most important aspects of any project – the people – this course will provide practical techniques that can be immediately implemented for a positive impact on any AEC team or business.
AEC Professionals are extensively trained on technical skills and less so on how to manage a team. However, with rapidly evolving technology, increasing fee pressure, multi-generational teams, and many other challenges, effective team leadership in project environments has proven to be the key to thriving in the high-pressure AEC environment. These challenges, coupled with the fact that project managers are often left to learn on the job, leaves new and seasoned leaders left to use a trial and error style team leadership that is prone to missteps. Each decision made can impact profit, risk, and client-relationships. This course will take the guesswork out of leading your team and develop project leaders who are equipped with practical, science-backed skills to empower their teams to achieve and surpass their goals.
Who should attend?
- Anyone looking to take their career to the next level and elevate the client experience
What attendees will learn from this program:
- Understand the multiple roles of the project manager, including project leadership as a key differentiator of successful project managers.
- Understand and develop the key skills and competencies of successful project managers and how to immediately implement your new techniques;
- Develop tools to improve the effectiveness of your teams.
- Learn about common issues, how to identify them, and how to neutralize their impact on your team.
- Develop the ability to identify the project environment and understand which approaches are favored over others for a given project type.
- Create rapid cohesion in your team by successfully building and maintaining trust.
- Practice new skills and approaches in “safe to fail” mini cases based on actual scenarios from real life projects.
If you're interested in further learning, please join us for the Advanced Project Management Seminar the following day, March 11.
A comprehensive seminar workbook, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments during the day, and the opportunity to learn from expert trainers in the fields of AEC project management, high performance leadership, organizational and program evaluation, behavioral science, emotional intelligence, and implementation science.
*Registration fee does NOT include lodging.
1600 Randol Mill Rd
Arlington, TX 76011
- Welcome & Introductions
- Role of the Project Manager: Managing versus Leading
- Developing the Key Competencies of Successful Project Managers
- Tools to Improve Effectiveness
- Neutralizing Common Issues
- Leading Temporary Teams: Competency Alignment in Dynamic Projects
- Project Leadership Mini-Cases
- Troubleshooting Common Obstacles and Barriers to Effective Project Management
- Q&A and Discussion
- Where to go from here? Wrap up.
Attendees of this training seminar earn 6 LU/6 PDH/.6 CEU of continuing education credits per day.
All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar. Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects, and SHRM.
To be notified of future dates and locations, inquire about group pricing or for immediate assistance, please email email@example.com or call the Zweig Group team at 800.466.6275.