Leadership Skills for AEC Professionals Winter 2023
- Regular price
Zweig Group’s strategy approach, previously reserved for advisory clients, is brought to the training environment for 2023.
This course equips leaders with practical skills to identify opportunities, develop and execute strategy, and build support for initiatives within their organization.
This training provides a high impact learning experience that is designed to help emerging and current leaders master the one area that is so often neglected in modern leadership training: developing and executing strategy to solve complex problems.
Using a case-based approach, this course will teach you how to:
- Identify a strategic opportunity within your firm;
- Develop a strategic plan to capitalize on it;
- Develop an implementation plan to successfully execute your plan;
- Develop the leadership skills necessary to effectively build and lead a coalition within your firm to execute on your opportunity.
This course takes a project-based approach to identifying, dissecting, and solving a series of issues that plague modern AEC firms. Attendees will collaboratively work business cases that focus on leading through uncertainty, recruiting and retention, upskilling staff to close competency gaps within their firms, enhancing client experience to drive higher fees, and staff performance management, among others.
At the conclusion of this training, attendees will leave with a personalized strategic plan, a series of new skills to successfully lead the implementation of their plan at their organization, and a leader briefing plan to bring back to their firm.
Some of the topics covered include:
Day 1: Strategy
Module 1: Flushing out the root causes of issues
Module 2: Evaluating and selecting strategic solutions
Module 3: Creating a Strategy Roadmap
Module 4: Establishing Goals and Building Strategic KPIs
Day 2: Implementation and Skills
Module 5: Implementation
- Stakeholder engagement
- Improving your influence
- Change Management
Module 6: Selling your idea
- Leadership briefing
- Communicating and “selling” strategy inside your firm.
Struggles to successfully execute on strategy plague modern AEC firms, with multiple reports indicating that up to two-thirds of strategic plans fail at the execution stage. Coupled with Zweig Group’s research, which consistently ranks strategy execution as a key competitive advantage in fast growth and high profit firms, this course takes the guesswork out of solving complex issues so that you can use strategy to drive higher performance inside your firm.
Who Should Attend?
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge of leadership in the modern AEC firm
- Seasoned leaders that are looking to improve their strategy skills
- Department, division, or business function leads that handle strategic issues inside their firms
- Project Managers and Senior Project Managers that are looking to take on leadership roles within their firms.
This 1 1/2 day seminar is approved for 12 LU/12 PDH/1.2 CEU. Upon completion, attendees will receive a certificate of completion electronically for self-reporting. Zweig Group is a registered continuing education provider with the American Institute of Architects and SHRM.