A total management course for architecture, engineering and environmental firm leaders
The Principals Academy is Zweig Group’s crash course in all aspects of managing a professional service firm.
The program is presented by a team of speakers—including Zweig Group founder and Chairman Mark Zweig and President and CEO Chad Clinehens—with extensive experience working with and for A/E firms. The Zweig Group team has a clear understanding of what it takes to lead and grow a firm. The Principals Academy is continuously updated with the latest approaches to leading a successful firm with an expanded focus on business development, strategic planning, and financial management. The Principals Academy is like a two-day MBA for technical professionals and is the most impactful two days you can spend learning to build your career and your firm.
The two-day agenda covers several critical areas of business management from the unique perspective of architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting firms, and is presented in tutorial and case study workshop sessions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Ownership Transition Planning
Recruitment and Retention
Register 30 days prior to the event and receive $100 OFF the standard registration rate! Use Discount Code: TPAPA2017
- Day 1: Seminar 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Cocktail reception 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Day 2: Seminar 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Breakfast is provided each day from 7:30 am – 8:30 pm
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore Inner Harbor
Discounted rooms are available until May 23
San Diego, CA
Who should attend:
- Presidents, CEOs, CFOs, and COOs of architecture, engineering, planning, environmental consulting, and construction businesses
- AEC firm owners
- Experienced principals looking to enhance their knowledge
- Legal, accounting, insurance, consulting, and advisors specialized in the AEC industry
- Associates and recently-named principals
- Department, division and branch managers
- Project Managers and senior technical staff
Why attend Principals Academy:
- Learn what it takes to be a successful leader in this business
- Hear about industry best practices that the most-successful firms use to stay on top
- Gain a wider perspective on AEC firm management
- Return armed with leadership and teambuilding strategies to share with other principals, managers, and staff
You will learn about these critical elements of firm performance:
- How to develop a business plan that will help your firm succeed
- The fundamentals of sound financial management
- The keys to managing projects efficiently and profitably
- How to find and keep top level talent
- How to ensure the firm’s survival through ownership transition
Your course fee includes:
A comprehensive seminar workbook, breakfast, lunch, and refreshments each day. Plus, you’re invited to join seminar presenters and fellow attendees for an open-bar cocktail and networking reception in the hotel at the conclusion of the first day. *Registration fee does NOT include lodging.
Special Feature: Career and Firm Growth Roundtable
The Principals Academy program includes an extended Q&A session with industry leader Mark Zweig and the panel of speakers. This provides the attendees an opportunity to discuss in-depth the issues facing them at their firms with advice offered from industry leading experts.
Great continuing education credits!
Attendees of The Principals Academy earn 12 PDH / CEUs. Zweig Group seminars are eligible for Professional Development Hours credits and Continuing Education Units. All attendees receive a certificate of completion indicating the number of hours earned during each seminar.
Zweig Group is a registered provider with the American Institute of Architects.
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT. HERE’S WHAT PAST ATTENDEES HAVE SAID ABOUT THE SEMINAR:
“A lot of good information that I can use to improve my effectiveness as a principal.”
– Russ Randall, Principal, Carl Walker, Inc.
“Thank you, this was great content for us. Validated some things, and gave us lots to think about going forward!”
– John Schwarz, Principal/V.P, David J. Powers & Associates
“Very good practical examples for real world business problems and ideas for solutions.”
– Janelle Lee, Project Manager/Market Sector Lead, Trindera Engineering
“This course taught me a lot about properly filling the role of principal.”
– Adam Haroz, Engineering Manager, Conversion Technology, Inc.
“The Principals Academy was exactly what our firm needed to take the next step forward. The broad range of topics gives us a whole firm management approach.”
– Taryn Erickson, BD Director, Trindera Engineering
“The whole seminar was engaging and informative. Good job!!”
– Dana Schwartz, Director of Operations, Fall Line Testing